24/7 Dental Emergency Line
We are very pleased to expand our services and offer a new Dental Emergencies Hotline where you can speak to one of our team members 24/7. If you, or someone you know, has a dental emergency, save our new Emergency number in your contacts and call us at 613-231-3131. We will make arrangements for you to see a dentist as soon as possible.
If you sustain an injury to your mouth you know that a trip to the dentist is urgently needed, call either your clinic or the emergency line right away. What about other aches and pains? How do you know when emergency dental treatment is necessary?
If you experience any of the problems outlined below, you should contact your dentist immediately.
- If you lose a tooth, pick it up by the crown and try to place it in the socket or place it in a glass of milk. If you get to the dentist within 30 minutes the dentist may be able to re-implant it.
- Broken or chipped teeth can often be repaired. If possible, save the chip.
- Broken brace wires can become embedded in the soft tissues of your mouth. Do not remove them yourself – see us immediately.
Some problems do not require urgent care but do need attention:
- Swelling and pain should never be ignored, even if the pain is manageable. A dentist can identify the problem and prevent an infection from spreading.
- Loose teeth can be a sign of disease and should be examined.
- Food and bacteria can get trapped in the space left by a lost filling- treatment is needed.
- Bleeding gums can be a sign of gum disease and should be checked by a dentist.
- Children who lose a primary tooth early may need a spacer to stop other teeth from drifting into the gap.
- Tooth extractions can be completed on-site to ease pain and any discomfort.
When in doubt about an emergency always contact your clinic for advice on whether immediate treatment is needed.
Who Do I Call?
During your clinic’s business hours, contact them directly about your dental emergency.
Outside of your clinic’s business hours, contact our 24/7 Dental Emergency line.